It’s Thanksgiving week which means you are probably gearing up for an epic cheat meal. While we don’t want to stand in the way of that (trust us, we will be indulging too), we do have a little challenge for you and it involves our latest recipe, Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
Now before you kick us out the house and take back our seat at the table, just hear us out. We aren’t saying replace your traditional Mac and Cheese with our Cauliflower Mac and Cheese. This is just an invitation to bring a little something different to the party alongside your regular dish.
We’ve successfully been able to substitute Cauliflower in a number of different ways including Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” and Cauliflower “Rice”. And now we’ve created a recipe that successfully replicated the cheesy comfort you get when eating Mac and Cheese.
While our Cauliflower Mac and Cheese uses dairy-free cheese, you can certainly use whatever cheese you like. However you choose to do it, once you take a scoop out of the pan you will see that our mac and cheese doesn’t skimp on cheese and leaves everyone a cauliflower believer. Please enjoy and let us know if you liked it!Ingredients:1 pound (about a head) cauliflower or one bag of frozen cauliflower 1 cup So Delicious Cheddar Jack Cheese or Shredded Dairy Cheese2 ounces Plain Non-Dairy Yogurt ( Can substitute regular plain yogurt if you like)1 tsp Dijon mustard Salt PepperGarlic powderPaprikaYields 4 servings Macros: calories 110, 11g carbs, 6g fat, 14g proteinSteps: • Break cauliflower into bite sized pieces
• Either steam on stove top or place in microwave for about 8 minutes. If using frozen cauliflower, steam on stove top until thawed and cooked through.
• Combine yogurt, mustard and 1/2 the cheese
• Add the salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
• Place in a casserole and top with the remaining cheese
• Bake on 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika